Join us November 9th at the Phoenix Public Library’s Hive for Startup Law Talk!
This workshop is for entrepreneurs who are thinking about forming a start-up, or have recently started a business, and want greater insight on how to avoid the typical legal problems encountered by new businesses. Three professionals will discuss the most important legal issues to consider in the early stages of your business. They will provide information on types of business formation, methods to protect your intellectual property, and how to avoid tax surprises.
- PetSmart General Counsel (retired) Kevin Groman
- Intellectual Property Attorney Frank Long of Dickinson Wright
- Lisa Novack, Senior Stakeholder Liaison, Small Business/Self Employed Division of the Internal Revenue Service
Panel Presentation: 6:00 PM
Resource Tables: 7:00 to 7:30 PM
Resource Tables will include:
- IRS (Internal Revenue Service)
- Patent & Trademark Resource Center
- City of Phoenix Economic, Planning & Development Office (for licensing and permits)
- Handouts (Business Startup Checklist from ACA)
Please register at: https://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/hive/programs/business-law-series