Governor Ducey’s 2nd Annual Bookmark Design Contest begins today!
Governor Ducey launched his 2nd Annual Bookmark Design Contest on February 1, 2017. Arizona children grades K – 6 are encouraged to design bookmarks showcasing a “My Favorite Book” theme. The winners of Governor Ducey’s 2nd Annual Bookmark Design Contest will have his/her design reproduced and printed on bookmarks that are distributed to students touring the Arizona State Capitol Executive Tower. The winners will also be invited to the Executive Tower for a meet and greet with Governor Ducey.
Rules and guidelines for this voluntary contest are included below.
- One winner will be selected from each of the following grade brackets:
- K-1 Grades
- 2-3 Grades
- 4-6 Grades
- Artwork and information must be completed on the Governor’s Office of Education “Bookmark Template” form (included below).
- The theme for the 2017 contest is “My Favorite Book,” and all designs must reflect this theme. Participants must include a short description of their illustration, which may be dictated by a parent/teacher if necessary.
- All artwork must be original.
- Contestants must be in grades K – 6.
- Entries should only be submitted on 8 ½” x 11” white paper
- All artwork submitted becomes the property of the Governor’s Office of Education.
Recognition for Selected Child:
- The distinction of “creating” one of the official 2017 Governor’s Office Bookmarks, which will be reproduced, printed, and distributed to students touring the Arizona State Capitol Executive Tower from May 2017 through April 2018.
- Winners will be invited to the Executive Tower for a meet and greet with Governor Ducey.
- Winners’ names will be printed on the back of the 2017 Governor’s Office Bookmarks.
- Winners will receive an official plaque commemorating the selected artwork.
- Winners’ names and pictures will be included in related publicity materials.
Artwork must be received by March 31, 2017, and must be submitted via mail. The winner of the contest will be notified by April 14, 2017.
Mail to: Governor’s Office of Education
1700 W. Washington St., Suite 503
Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Teachers: Please collect all submissions for your class and mail them in a SINGLE envelope.
- Teachers, parents, and legal guardians are encouraged to use social media to share designs, photos of children working on designs, etc. Use the hashtag #MyFavoriteBook AND tag our twitter handle – @AZGovEducation – and we will do our best to share out as many designs as possible!
For more details and resources check: