The Transportation Research Board will be hosting an upcoming webinar on how to use the Research in Progress Database.
The webinar will be August 16, 2016 from 2:00pm to 3:00PM ET and provides users of TRB’s Research in Progress (RiP) Database with the latest information about RiP’s search and data entry interfaces. The RiP Database is a leading tool for transportation professionals to stay updated on current or recently-completed transportation research projects. This webinar is an update from a webinar held on August 6, 2015.
Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is no fee for attending the webinar.
You can go to the following website to submit your registration: http://www.trb.org/Calendar/Blurbs/174599.aspx.
- Janet Daly, Transportation Research Board
Moderated by: Elaine Ferrell, Transportation Research Board
- General guidance on using the RiP Database
- Search the RiP Database by various fields
- Browse project records by subject category
- Use a look-up for searching by index terms, individuals, organizations or location
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notification of new RiP records in specific subject areas
- Export records
- Guidance for individuals from state departments of transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation, and University Transportation Centers
- Enter a new project record into the RiP Database using the data entry interface or bulk import tool
- Locate records from their organization
- Update or delete an existing record for their organization in the RiP Database
The first 30 minutes of the webinar is for presentations and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Locate records in the RiP Database
- Submit a new project record using the data entry interface
Modify or delete an existing project record from their organization
This is an outside event; please follow links above for more information.